- Betsy & Bill Nachbaur
- Russian River Valley, Sonoma County, California
- Bill Nachbaur
- Less than 2000 cases annually at ACORN Winery, Comstock Wines, and Mauritson Wines
- Wines Produced
- Cabernet Franc
- Axiom® Syrah
- Heritage Vines™ Zinfandel
- Grüner Veltliner
- Medley® (Blend of Blends)
- Acorn Hill® ("Super Tuscan")
- Support the diverse ecology of the vineyard, through sustainable and regenerative farming, to grow and produce balanced, food-friendly, co-fermented field-blend wines.
- Alegría Vineyards
- Certified Historic Vineyard in the Russian River Valley
32 acres with alluvial, rocky clay-loam benchland soils
Certified Sustainable by California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance
and Fish Friendly Farming
- Primary Varieties
- (We grow more than 100 grape varieties)
- Zinfandel Blocks: Originally planted in 1890.
Zinfandel with Alicante Bouschet and Petite Sirah, plus Carignane, Trousseau, Sangiovese, Petit Bouschet, Negrette, Syrah, Plavac Mali, Tannat, Muscat Noir, Peloursin, Béclan, Cinsaut, Grenache, Palomino, and Monbadon
- Cabernet Franc Block: (1991) Cabernet Franc (11 clones) with Merlot, Petit Verdot, Malbec, Tannat, and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Dolcetto Blocks: (1991) Dolcetto with Barbera and Freisa
- Sangiovese Block: (1991) Sangiovese (26 clones) with Canaiolo and Mammolo
- Syrah Blocks: (1991) Syrah (3 clones) with Viognier
- Alvarinho Block: (2017) 80% Alvarinho (Albariño), 6% Arinto, 3% Loureiro, 3% Malvasia Fina, 3% Verdelho, 2% Fernao Pires, 1% Gouveio. The remaining 2% includes Trajadura, Trincadeira, Moscatel Galego, and Jampal.
- Grüner Veltliner Block: (2017) 80% Grüner Veltliner, 3% Roter Veltliner, 3% Traminer, 2% Rotgipfler, 2% Silvaner, 2% Ehrenfelser, 2% Kerner, 1% Viognier. The remaining 5% includes Rot Weis Veltliner, Mezes, Faberrebe, Furmint, Harslevelu, Scheurebe, and Wurzer.
- Physical Address
- 12040 Old Redwood Highway Healdsburg, CA (not our mailing address)
To view an interactive map of our vineyards, visit the Vineyard Map page.